The Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard contains 60 simple, no-cost or low-cost strategies that lunchrooms can use to increase participation, improve consumption of healthy food, and reduce food waste. The strategies are based on research from the Cornell Center for Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition Programs and partners and other behavioral science research.
Thousands of schools across the country use the Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard to assess and implement evidence-based strategies that make the healthy choice the easy choice. Public health professionals, including those at SNAP-ED agencies, health departments, education departments, universities, extension, and obesity prevention programs use the Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard to measure improvements to the school nutrition environment.
For a summary of the movement, download this flyer
The Smarter Lunchrooms National Office is pleased to announce a brand new online Scorecard Tracker! With this new feature, you can enter Smarter Lunchrooms 60 Point Scorecards for your cafeteria(s) anytime on any device. It is designed to make entering, storing and tracking Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecards easy. Once registered, simply log in anytime to enter, view, and download or print your completed Scorecards.
Key Features of the New Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard Tracker:
- Mobile friendly so you can fill it out on-site right on your phone or tablet
- Save a Scorecard in progress and return anytime to complete it
- Upload photos to accompany Scorecard strategies
- Save/Print a completed Scorecard with photos
- Save/Print a certificate indicating the cafeteria’s award level
- Makes tracking Smarter Lunchrooms progress EASY and provides a one stop location for Scorecard record keeping
To get started, go to smarterlunchrooms.org/members/register and set up your account.
Three primary parts to the Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard:
- The Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard*: The nation’s premier tool to assess the use of evidence based and best practices strategies in lunchrooms (Note: updated Dec 2018)
- Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard Summary: Complete this page alongside the scorecard to provide a quick snapshot of the results.
- Spanish Scorecard Summary: Comedores Inteligentes Resumen de la Planilla
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Smarter Lunchrooms Scorecard: review this before you complete your first scorecard.